This is also the recipe for Capsicum Masala if you do not wish to use Paneer! (Though i don't know why you would want to :P )
Serves 4 people.
Time needed - 30 minutes.
Check out my post on the ever-prevailing debate of Love Marriage Vs Arranged Marriage in India. And if you like what you read, please vote for me Here. Thank you! :)
200 gm paneer
2 green chillies
2 cloves of garlic
red chilli powder
1 tbspn coriander seeds
1/2 tspn turmeric powder
1/2 tspn fenugreek powder
1/2 tspn cumin
- Blend 3 tomatoes to get a puree. Keep it aside.
- Mince the onions, garlic cloves, green chillies and garlic in the mixer.
- Make little cubes out of the paneer and wash it with clean water. Chop the capsicum into long pieces.
- Put the cloves, cinnamon, coriander, pepper into the mixer to get it minced/powdered.
- Add about 3 tbspn of oil and 1 tbpsn ghee to a heating pan on low flame. Heat the oil for a while and then add the cumin seeds to it. Once the popping starts, add the spice mixture to the pan and mix.
- Once the spices are fried, add the onion+garlic+green chillies+ginger paste to the pan with a bit of turmeric powder and mix well. Add enough chilli powder to the contents.
- Add the tomato puree and salt, once the contents are fried enough and let it simmer.
- Then add the chopped capsicum and mix. Let it cook well enough before you add the paneer. (If you wish to make Capsicum Masala. Do not add paneer. Switch the flame off once the capsicum is cooked.)
- When the capsicum is cooked, add the paneer to it and mix. Paneer takes very less time to cook. So add it when everything else in the pan is cooked enough. If you add it at an early stage, you wont get the nice cubes when your dish is ready to be served!
- Let the paneer cook for about 5 minutes, switch off the flame and your Kadai Paneer is ready to be served. Have it with chapatis, rotis, paranthas or maybe rice. Take your pick and relish!
Try it out yourself and mail me a picture of your preparation to email@example.com, and i will flaunt it on my blog. Looking forward to your valuable feedback.