If you've got about 15 minutes time to spare you'll have this yummy dish ready to be served or eaten.
Serves six - eight people.
Time needed - 15 minutes.
1/2 cup bombay rava
3/4 cup sugar
- Add sufficient ghee to smear the base of your pan. Add more if you don't mind putting on some calories ;-) After a minute or two, add the crushed cashew nuts to the pan and roast it.
- Let the cashew nuts turn a light brown colour.
- Now add the 1/2 cup rava to the pan and mix well.
- Roast the rava in the ghee. Look below to see how it looks in stages before it's complete.
- Once the rava is all roasted, add 1 cup of BOILED water to it. Sprinkle some turmeric powder and mix.
- Keep stirring to prevent any burning at the base. When the contents look almost done, add the sugar and mix. (Do not add the sugar early. It hinders the cooking process. Takes more time.)
- This is how it looks when it's done. There are little boiling bubbles. Check the consistency to see if it's well cooked!
- Now sprinkle some cardamom powder over the sheera and mix!
- Take a plate and smear a few drops of ghee on its base.
- Transfer the contents from the pan to the plate.
- Cut the shape in which you want your Sheera pieces and leave it that way for a while for it to cool down and set well.
- Carefully separate the pieces. You can also add raisins and almonds to this. Your Sheera is ready to be served! Delicious much? ;)
Try it out yourself and mail me a picture of your preparation to firstname.lastname@example.org, and i will flaunt it on my blog. Looking forward to your valuable feedback.