Be sure to use little brinjals for this recipe.
Time needed - 20-25 min.
Serves six people.
Tamarind (keep it soaked in water)
Asafoetida paste (hing)
salt to taste
- Clean the brinjal as shown below.
- Give the brinjal two cuts in different directions. This helps the spices to get inside the brinjal so that the taste is uniformly distributed.
- Keep the brinjals which are cut in a bowl of water.
- Put the green chillies, dried red chillies and tamarind along with the water in which it was soaked into the mixer vessel.
- Get a paste as shown below.
- Place a cooking pan on low flame. Pour enough oil. After about a minute. Add about 2 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Once the popping starts, add the brinjals to the pan after draining all the water.
- Now add the paste to the contents in the pan. Also add the asafoetida paste and mix.
- Add salt to taste at this stage.
- Add enough water to cook the brinjals well.
- The brinjals cook very quickly. So let it cook as long as all the water gets evaporated. Following are the stages for a better understanding.
- Serve with chapatis or rice and enjoy! :)
Try it out yourself and mail me a picture of your preparation to email@example.com, and i will flaunt it on my blog. Looking forward to your valuable feedback.