Until recently, Palak Paneer was my only option. But recently i came across this dish which i like to call Corn-e-Palak. It turned out so yummy, it's entered the prestigious list of my favorite healthy food! ;-)
Serves 4 people.
Time needed - 20 min
1 bunch of palak
4 green chillies
4-5 tbspn malai (cream)
1 tspn cumin seeds
1/2 tbspn turmeric
1 tbspn garam masala
5 garlic cloves
- Clean the palak well and boil it. Strain the boiled palak, and save the water(stock) in a vessel. Put the boiled palak into a mixer to get a thick paste. Keep it aside.
- Put the finely chopped onions, carrot and the shredded corn into a cooker. Use the palak stock to boil these vegetables. Once the vegetables are boiled keep it aside.
- Make a garlic-ginger-chilly paste.
- Now take some oil in a pan and let it heat for a while. Then add the cumin seeds to it and let it splutter. Soon after, add the ginger-garlic-chilly paste to the oil and mix well.
- Add the finely chopped onions, turmeric powder, garam masala to the contents in the pan and mix well till they turn soft.
- Now add the palak paste to the contents in the pan and mix well. Also add salt now. Let it simmer.
- Then add the boiled vegetables to the pan and mix well. (Also add the water you boiled the vegetables into the pan if you like your curry liquidy. It's optional. Get your consistency accordingly.)
- Add the malai (cream) and mix well. Let the contents simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Serve with rotis or have it with rice. And make sure you let me know what you think of this healthy, but delightful tasting dish. Also if you have other interesting Palak/Spinach recipes, keep me informed. Enjoy the dish... feel your muscles growing already??? :P
Try it out yourself and mail me a picture of your preparation to firstname.lastname@example.org, and i will flaunt it on my blog. Looking forward to your valuable feedback.